Being a beginner in search of the right pre workout supplement can feel like a huge task – believe me, I know how that feels! But fear not my newbie friend, you’ve come to the right place!
We’ll run through the best pre workouts for beginners, and a loads of other useful info you’re going to need.
As you’ve probable guessed by now, no pre workout supplement is created equal. There are cheap ones, expensive ones, aggressive ones, and ones that aren’t worth a dime.
That’s exactly why we’ve created this article. To help you figure out how to tell a quality pre workout, against a bad pre workout.
Without further delay, let’s get into the best pre workouts for beginners article:
Benefits of Pre Workouts For Beginners
If you’re new to pre workouts, then you may, or may not know the full benefits of using these awesome products.
For starters, they give you more energy, increased stamina, boosted strength and muscle pumps like you wouldn’t believe!
Here are the main benefits when using a quality pre workout:
- Insane muscle pumps – feel you skin splitting, and your muscles fully pumped when you hit the weights
- Boosted energy and stamina levels – complete every workout with massive amounts of energy left over in the tank
- More alert – you’ll be more focused, and dedicated to every workout – not letting any distractions get in your way
- Increased productivity – you’ll hit the day with focus and drive – completing all of your daily tasks with ease
- Improve the rate of protein synthesis – helps your body absorb more protein to repair your muscles
- Enhance nutrient delivery, and absorption – improves the way your body absorbs nutrients and minerals into your cells to regenerate
Ingredients Inside Pre Workouts
Even for the most experienced supplement user, it’s pays to know which ingredients are going to leave you feeling awesome, during, and after your workouts – or feeling like you want to crawl into a hole until the feeling disappears.
Here’s the most common positive, and negative pre workout ingredients that you’ll want to look out for.
Best pre workout ingredients:
- Caffeine – great for giving you the energy to smash through any workout
- Red Beet – will give you insane muscle pumps and transport blood around your body quicker and easier
- Creatine – helps the muscles to perform better under stress, giving you extra power when needed
- Green Tea – is full of catechins which are great for your overall health, and increasing fat loss
- L-Theanine – boosts your energy without leaving you feeling down afterwards
- l-citrulline dl-malate – L-Citrulline gives a massive boost of nitric oxide levels helping your body pump more nutrients into your muscles
- Rhodiola Rosea – helps you fight fatigue, increases your stamina, and boosts your energy level
- L-Carnitine – reduces muscle damage after workouts while giving you clean energy without the crash
Worst pre workout ingredients:
- Beta-alenine – this will leave your skin tingling and itchy, not a feeling you want when you’re trying to workout and stay focused
- Yohimbine – an aggressive ingredient that is used to raise your body’s metabolism and adrenaline levels. There have been many side effects associated with this ingredient
- Bitter Orange Peel – works in asimilar way to yohimbine – bitter orange peel over stimulates your adrenaline levels which can be harmful to your health
- Sugars and sweetness – need we explain the dangers of artificial sugars and sweeteners? They cause weight gain, hypertension, sugar spikes/crashes, and leaves you feeling tired
Pros & Cons of Pre Workouts For Beginners
Let’s run through the main pros and cons that you might experience when using a pre workout for the first time.
However, we’ll also give you tips to avoid any cons, to make sure you get the most out of your pre workout first time around.
- Improved strength
- Increased endurance
- Fuller muscle pumps
- More energy
- Improved productivity levels
- Heightened sense of well-being
- Sleeplessness ( can be avoided if you reduce the serving size for evening workouts – and do not take any other form of caffeine throughout the day )
- Jittery feeling ( often caused by aggressive pre workout – choose a quality pre workout instead of cheap aggressive alternatives )
- Tingly and itchy skin ( caused by beta-alanine – again, choose a pre workout that does not contain this ingredient )
The Best Pre Workout For Beginners
In our humble opinion, 4Gauge is the best pre workout that we’ve ever tested. It contains quality and neutral ingredient that are safe for beginners.
It’s also a pre workout you can use everyday – proving how great this supplement actually is.
Another reason we’ve picked this pre workout for beginners is because, it worked so well for us, and many others around the world.
It doesn’t leave you feeling jittery, or tired after an energy crash, or awake all night long.
Instead, it will give you a positive energy lift, increased stamina, insane muscle pumps, and heightened alertness without going over the top – you’ll feel awake and ready to go!
- No jittery feeling
- Increased muscle pumps
- Sharpened focus
- Clean balanced energy with no crashes
- Suitable for beginners
To find out more, head over to our top pre workouts page where you’ll find more details on 4Gauge, and other pre workouts – best pre workouts here.
Want to skip reading? Visit 4Gauge’s website here
Conclusion to Pre Workouts For Beginners
There you have it guys, everything you ever needed to know about using pre workouts for beginners.
As you can see, this advice isn’t that different from anyone asking, ‘how to use a pre workout,’ or ‘what is the best pre workout available.’ The only difference is, you probably haven’t have used a pre workout before. Now you have this information, there’s nothing to stop you.
If you’re ever hesitant to use a pre workout, especially a quality one such a 4Gauge, remember this:
If you’ve ever drank coffee, tea, or an energy drink, then chances are you are more than okay to use a pre workout. And when you do, you’ll be smashing through your workout asking yourself, ‘why the f*#k didn’t I use this pre workout before?’
If you want to know more about pre workouts, head over to our top pre workouts page for more information.