For a majority of individuals, getting rid of their love handles and belly fat is probably the hardest thing to achieve. Well, it isn’t that you’re a lazy ass or not doing any workout at all. There’s a reason behind those stubborn love handles.
Larissa Wilson, who is a personal trainer in Sakatoon says, “Love handles are excess abdominal fat and are very challenging to get rid of. The deposits of fat in your body are determined by body type and genetics, however, you cannot spot-reduce body fat in the body.”
It seems like you need to put in some extra effort and typically target those love handles with some specific exercises to shed them off your body.
Get Rid Of Love Handles
So, here are 5 exercises, that we’ve pulled out for you to help you get rid of that extra deposit of fat that ruins your physique every time you hop into fit clothing.
1. Oblique Press And Reach
- Firstly, get down on your right knee with the left foot in front of your and the foot placed flat on the floor.
- Brace your core and tighten the abdominal muscles.
- Grab a light dumbbell in your left hand and extend it to the left and bend exactly at a 90-degree angle.
- Finally, reach up to extend the arm straight in the air while you bend the body down towards the right side and touching the right fingertips on the floor.
- Pull through your torso to bring yourself back to the starting position.
- Do three sets of 10 reps for each side.