3. Spinal Stretch
This stretching exercise focuses on the muscles located in your spinal area and helps a lot in improving your posture and relieving back pain. Here is how to perform it:
- Lie on the floor and fold the right knee up and place it closer to your left knee. Keep both your arms wide open and flat on the floor.
- Now, look towards your right, twist the body from side to side and hold for 20 seconds on each position.
- Maintain a slow and fluid motion throughout and focus on drawing out your abdominal muscles for extra support to your back.
- This way, you’ll be flexing the spine and relieving the pain.
4. Piriformis Stretch
This one is tricky and requires your focus and balance throughout the exercise. Here is how to perform it:
- Lie down on your back on the floor. Bend both your knees and place the right leg on your left one in such a way that your ankle is positioned on the left knee.
- Now, stretch your arms and grab your thighs and pull them towards your body till the left foot is in a suspended position with your left thigh at a 90-degree angle.
- Finally, raise your head above the floor and hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the same process but this time with your left ankle on the right knee.
5. Hamstring Floor Stretch
The hamstring floor stretch not only relieves lower back pain but also flexes your flexors.
- Lie on the floor and straighten your left leg above your body.
- Wrap both your hands around the back of your hamstrings and push against your hands as much as you can.
- Hold this position for 30-45 seconds.
- Repeat the same with your right leg.